I’m collecting healthy recipes without gluten, dairy and refined sugar to help you get inspired about cooking your own delicious food from scratch.
What will I have for breakfast if I can’t have my toast and marmalade?
- How about Cashew milk kefir, great if you love your kefir or yoghurt but can’t have it anymore because you’re off dairy. With a grated apple and some nuts.
- A creamy coconut porridge that will keep you going all morning, by deliciouslyella.com
- This grain free coconut and seeds porridge is a great one when you travel; just make a big batch at home and only add some hot water and fruit. By elevateyourwellness.com and Andrea Nakayama.
- Can we still call this breakfast? Yes we can! This chunky chocolatey buckwheat granola is packed with nutrients but not with gluten, sugar or dairy. By mynewroots.org
- Here’s a very handy green smoothie formula. A perfect chart to use for making your own green smoothies. By Academy of Culinary Nutrition
- Chia pots are for those who want a quick breakfast. Prepare them the night before, add some berries and coconut yoghurt and you’re all good! Stay on the low side with the maple syrup. Video by deliciouslyella.com.
- A perfect fat, fibre and protein breakfast for omnivores is the Farmer’s Wife breakfast from hormonesbalance.com
- A nutritious and delicious gluten free bread, by deliciouslyella.com.
- And how about this life changing loaf of bread, full of nuts and seeds, by mynewroots.org
- This paleo bread contains eggs. By ahomefordesign.com
- Gado gado (lots of steamed veg) with almond sauce. By mynewroots.org
- Here’s a simple and quick, but delicious lunch or dinner bowl: the nutty pea and quinoa bowl. By deliciouslyella.com.
- Crispy sweet potato chips with cashew mayonnaise?! Right, no reason to feel deprived… Like normal chips but without the heavy bloatey feeling afterwards. By Meghan Telpner
- Turmeric milk, aka golden milk is a lovely and anti-inflammatory drink for the evening.
- Here’s a recipe for a healthy hot chocolate that sustains your energy, balances your hormones and is very thick, creamy and delicious as well
- Feeling deprived because you can’t have milk? Try this caramel vanilla hazelnut milk by ohsheglows.com
- Hummus; so easy to make and so versatile! Works great as a snack as well.
- Flaxie maxie bars (I make them in a mini muffin tin). Great snack to curb sugar cravings, with lots of fat, fiber and protein. By replenishpdx.com
- Oat and banana bars, very popular in my house 🙂
- Chickpea tortilla nachos, by mynewroots.com
- Nut free energy balls with sesame, tahini and vanilla, by deliciouslyella.com
- This lemon and lentil soup is hearty and great for making a big batch. Freeze a lot of it for the meh-I-don’t-want-to-cook days. By Megan Telpner
Essential skills for Gluten-Sugar-Dairy free cooking
- Make your own cashew milk or any other nut or seed milk (video!)
- Make your own ghee (clarified butter). Video. Use organic unsalted butter!
- Make your own cashew cheese.
- Make your own bone broth
- Gomasio is high in protein, fiber and calcium and is a condiment I really love on rice, salad, broccoli, beans… By elanaspantry.com